The iSchool (School of Information Sciences)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
501 E. Daniel Street
Champaign, IL 61820-6211
Phone (office): (217) 244-3576
Office: School of Information Sciences Building (501 E. Daniel Street), Room 304
Office hours: By appointment
Information for Prospective Students:
I am always looking for highly motivated Ph.D. students with a strong passion for research and science, strong technical and communication skills, and strong expertise or interest in a subject domain. If you are interested in joining my lab, please apply to our PhD program and mention me as a potential advisor. If you would like to introduce yourself via email (and you are not required to do that), please follow the guidelines below. I will read your email, but unfortunately, I might not be able to reply to all of them.
- Include “prospective PhD student” in your email subject line.
- Attach your CV.
- Briefly introduce your education background and state your test scores.
- Tell me about your research experience, strengths, and interests.
- Explain why you would like to work with me and how your research plans relate to my work.
- If you have published a peer-reviewed paper, please also attach that, and provide the bibliographic reference in your email (if you have multiple publications, just select one).
Information for Visiting Scholars and Summer Interns:
I am not hosting summer interns or visiting scholars at this time.
Letters of recommendation:
If you consider asking me for a LOR, please consider these guidelines by Sarah Park https://readingspark.wordpress.com/about/letters-of-recommendation.